Friday, December 16, 2011

these are the times....

I may have mentioned this previously, but.....physical therapy SUCKS.

That's a word I hate, and ask my children not to use, but I have to admit it applies pretty well here.  It really does suck the cheerfulness and the optimism right out of you.  It's such hard, menial work for such small results.

Mason's been at it for a couple of weeks, and he has made progress.  It is not the high profile stuff a teenager wants to see, but it is significant. One example: his ring finger and pinky finger wouldn't straighten right after surgery, now they do.  But there is so much more that has to be addressed, stemming back to issues in play before this last surgery took place.  It is going to be a long and long and long haul.  sigh.

He goes back to see the ortho surgeon Wednesday 12/21.  Will update after that visit.

4 comments:

  1. Can we PLEASE specify that PHYSICAL therapy sucks... I mean, hey... work with me here, people!

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) And I'm sorry physical therapy sucks... I haven't ever enjoyed it much, either.
    Bets

    ReplyDelete